Faith Leaders Advancing Shared Hope
Join the clergy impacting legislative reform for Florida.
The Florida Council of Churches invites clergy to partner together as a Publicly Engaged Church by learning the issues that deny opportunity to Floridians and by collaborating for improving public policy. Attend the third Florida Clergy Convening on September 12-13 in Orlando as we address Public Education Reform, as well as Consumer Law Reform, Criminal Justice Reform, Environmental Law Reform, and Immigration Reform. Your hotel lodging will be provided.
Register at http://bit.ly/2019FLclergy.
Thursday, September 12 – Carter Tabernacle CME Church (1 S Cottage Hill Rd, Orlando 32805)
- 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM Ecumenical Worship Service & Reception
Friday, September 13 – Florida Hotel and Conference Center (1500 Sand Lake Rd, Orlando 32809)
- 7:30 AM – 8:45 AM Pastors for Florida Children Breakfast
- 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM Plenary Session I: Legislative Advocacy Techniques
- 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM Plenary Session II: Legislative Advocacy for Public Education
(FL Education Association, FL PTA, FL Real Talk Coalition, FL School Board Association)
- 12:00 PM – 1:15 PM Lunch on your own
- 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM Legislative Advocacy Working Groups – pick two
(Consumer Law • Criminal Justice • Environmental Law • Immigration Law)
No cost to attend. One hotel night is included at the host hotel: Florida Hotel & Conference Center at 1500 Sand Lake Road Orlando 32809. For those traveling longer distances, a second complimentary hotel night can be requested dependent on the availability of funds.
For questions or more information, contact Melissa Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 863-682-6802.